Vege Packed Zucchini Fritters Recipe. Meat-free Mondays. Anyone else still riding that train? We try at least once a week to have a vege packed meal… whether it’s Monday or not is a little bit hit and miss!
Every week I sit down and meal plan. Some weeks are more adventurous and inspiring than others! I’m not the only one that struggles to come up with delicious and healthy meals that the whole family will eat, right?
These days in particular, with a newly crowned 2-year-old (hello terrible twos!) it’s even worse. I write out my meal plan and somewhere between the kitchen and the supermarket I realise that there’s no way the kid will eat that. Hmmph. So many yummy dishes have been taken off the list now. Not to worry, I know it swings and roundabouts and it…. Might? Improve. Like, maybe when he’s 21 or something.
We love a good meat meal in our house, and try to mix it up with a bot of seafood. But hey, vege meals are delicious too 🙂 Plus with the bonus of being nutritious and sneakily packing in extra veg into hungry bellies!
Finding quick and easy meals that don’t require every random vegetable under the sun can sometimes be hard too. Especially if you live in the country, you don’t always have quick access to some of the more rarer items on the shopping list.
That’s why I created my super easy Vege Packed Zucchini Fritters Recipe, which are also gluten free too.
They are super quick, seriously easy and make a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner. Oh and the kid eats them too (well, most of the time anyway!!) Hallelujah!
So next time you want to try something that will only take minutes to whip up, will feed the whole family and not weigh you down? You need to try these!
Vege Packed Zucchini Fritters
250g Zucchini (seriously don’t stress over the weight, use what you can get!)
½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
100g Tinned Corn, drained
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Dried Oregano
¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
½ cup Gluten Free SR Flour
2 Eggs, beaten
2 tsp Olive Oil – for frying
Natural Greek Yogurt – for serving
- In a large bowl grate your zucchini. Then using your hands over a colander or the sink, squeeze it out to reduce as much liquid as you can.
- Place zucchini back into the bowl and follow with the grated parmesan, corn, parsley, oregano, nutmeg, flour and eggs.
- Start folding together until you have a lumpy thick batter, almost like pancakes but thicker.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, spoon a heaped tablespoon at a time of the mixture into the pan. Flatten it out slightly into a small pancake or pikelet type shape.
- Allow to cook for approximately 3 minutes or until the underside turns a lovely golden brown. Flip over and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towel before serving with a little salad and a good dollop of Greek yogurt!
These Vege Packed Zucchini Fritters are super tasty and so quick to whip up. They also make a great addition to the kids lunch boxes when served cold. Will you be giving them a try this weekend?